Saturday, 4 February 2017

Similarities And Differences Film openings


Film openings

From doing this research it has helped me gain the knowledge of what a professional film opening should look like. I believe that I should try and use the points in the similarity section I have made. The reason being is that they are common things seen in mainstream films, accept 'Inglorious Basterds' which is a independent film, and if I decide that later on that my film will be a mainstream film I should include them. As well as this it has improved my understanding of film openings and I now know what to include in a film opening and what to avoid doing. 

Film Name/Opening Sequence watched
Similarities
Differences
Watchmen

Slow paced, reveals what time period it is based in, genre is easily shown
Shows the background of the story, style, it reveals the plot, comic like.
Forrest Gump

Slow paced, Doesn't reveal any of the plot, Reveals the location of the film and time period.
Follows an object, reveals the protagonist at the end.
Inglorious Basterds
Independent film openings
Slow paced, doesn’t reveal a lot, reveals what time period it is based in, genre is easily shown.
Hasn’t got any titles during the start of the film, reveals the antagonist before the protagonist.

No comments:

Post a Comment