Independent Research on film openings
By creating this table which analysis film openings, it will help me make my film opening. This is ,because I now know what mainstream and independent film openings look like as well as different types of genres.
By creating this table which analysis film openings, it will help me make my film opening. This is ,because I now know what mainstream and independent film openings look like as well as different types of genres.
Dawn Of The Dead-Mainstream
|
Super Bad- Mainstream
|
Inglorious basterds- Independent
|
|
Genre:
|
Horror
|
Comedy
|
Drama/action
|
Font used:
|
The font at first is a red bold standard text until seconds later
when it turns into drips of blood and fades away. This relates to the genre
as blood implies murder and death.
|
The font is a simple style which is all in caps. The colour of the
font is very colourful but it is always a different or lighter colour than
its background and it keeps changing. The bright colours used relate to the
genre as colourful bright colours relate to happiness
|
No font is used as the title sequence hasn’t been used.
|
If the titles have been used:
|
Titles have been used in this film but are shown on a blank black
background after every small scene. This has been done to create a feeling
suspense and panic.
|
The titles have been used in this clip as it is a mainstream film.
|
The titles haven’t been used in the opening moments. This has be done
to give the audience a sense of where the film is based, what period it is
and to make the audience hate the antagonist more.
|
Camera angle transition:
|
The scene changes in this opening sequence is very fast. Each scene
only lasts several seconds. This has been done to build up tension and put
the audience on the edge of their seats.
|
The Camera angle transition in this opening is quite slow. This is to
draw attention to what is happening on screen.
|
The camera angle changes are slow to begin with until you see the car
heading towards the house. This has been done to emphasis the negative affect
the antagonist has on innocent.
|
From doing this research am I now going to consider how I will present my titles in my own film opening. This research I have taken has shown me that when I create my own film opening I will need to relate the titles to the genre and the plot I am going to have.
No comments:
Post a Comment